Monday, January 9th, 2012
Blogs | Sociology of Sheena
EXPRESS ~ Utter Your Spirit Sounds
My soul wants expression.¬† My voice. My mind. My fingers. My body. They want to extend themselves to the fullest extent and EXPRESS themselves, clearly, authentically, provocatively, full of fire, passion and sass. I like saying what I have to say. I enjoy writing what’s on my mind. Sometimes I can’t find the words and it seems making banana nut muffins conveys my expression so perfectly. I like that about life. There are eccentric and creative ways we can express various sides of ourselves.
¬†EXPRESS | EXPRESSION | EXPRESSIVE
¬†A few [partial] definitions I came across that resonate with me.
1. to put (thought) into words; utter or state; to express oneself clearly
2. to show, manifest, or reveal
3. to set forth the opinions, feelings, etc., of (oneself), as in speaking, writing, or painting
4. to represent by a symbol, character, figure, or formula: to express water as H 2 O; to express unknown quantities algebraically.
5. to send by express: to express a package or merchandise.
¬†There are other words that come to mind when thinking on EXPRESS.
SAY. ACTION. VOICE. EXPLICIT. ARTICULATE. COMMUNICATE. ENUNCIATE. EXHIBIT. INDICATE. INSINUATE. PROCLAIM. TESTIFY. REVEAL.
“Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself….” Bruce Lee
‚ÄúI want freedom for the full expression of my personality.‚ÄĚ Mahatma Gandhi
What does your soul want to utter?
What one thing do you want to proclaim to the world?
SLY’s 2011 WORDS OF THE MONTH