It’s that time of the month! It’s time for the February Pole Dance Blog Hop and this month after various discussions we have a loose theme that can be taken in many directions depending on your interest, studio and personality.
This month’s theme is “Love”
More aptly, this month we want to take the time to write blog posts exploring the topics of love, sensuality, and sexuality…however that shows up for you! Even if its moreso, “Love, Sex and Raunch.” Or “Love, Romance and Grace.”….all as it relates to pole dancing.
If you have a pole dancing blog and would like to join in on our February Blog Hop, please follow the link at the end of this blog post. In the title field be sure to put the name of your blog.We are asking that everyone completes their blog post by February 15th, 2013.
Do you need some inspiration, direction and ideas for your blog posts? Here are some suggestions.
- Post a freestyle dance video in your blog post dancing to a “love song” or an “anti love song” or a “lost love song”.
- Write a blog post with a list of ten things you love most about pole dancing.
- Write a blog post exploring what you love about the sensual and/or sexy side of pole. When I think of love, I think about how I express love and its usually in a sexy or sensual way. Some people combine the two words. That’s okay. Some people, like me, don’t combine the two words. What does any of that mean for you?
- Write a blog post on your favorite “sense” to explore regarding pole dance. Do you just love being specific about what you wear when you pole dance because texture and feel is important to you? Do you love being specific about the type of music you dance too? Do certain songs really bring it out in you, whatever “it” is? What do you love to focus your eyes on when you dance? Do you keep your eyes closed? Do you look at the audience? The pole? Why? What do you love most about it. One teacher had her students wear scents on their clothes and body as they danced to see if the sense of smell changed the way they danced. Really explore SENSUALITY as having to do with your expression of your senses in your blog post.
- Is your studio hosting a Valentine’s themed event? Tell us about it.
- When I think of love and specifically St Valentine’s who was convicted because he married lovers when it was forbidden, I think of words like forbidden, affair, desire, passion, pleasure, fantasy, sultry, smoldering…how do those words tie into pole dancing and love for you?
You see, there are so many ways to explore Love, Sexuality, Valentine’s and Sensuality. Think about what inspires you and go from there. These are just some ideas. Do you have any suggestions that might help writers looking for some inspiration? Share them in the comments below!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
If you are participating be sure to include a link to the blog hop in your article. That’s the point of a blog hop and many of those participating haven’t been doing so. If you do not put a link in your article, we will remove your blog entry from the blog hop!