Essays on dating, sex, business, travel & more…
First published in 2004, SheenaLaShay.com includes a collection of lifestyle blogs focusing on sensuality, mindfulness, creativity, self-awareness, eroticism and exploration. Using pleasure, expression, and movement with a sense of adventure, I write about personal growth, empowerment and the importance of presence as a way to live your most authentic life.
Sociology of Sheena
“Sociology of Sheena” is a lifestyle blog chronicling my journey from depression and suicidal thoughts to a life of empowerment. Through introspection and self-awareness, I share my journey of healing and transformation. Core topics include but are not limited to: Dating & Relationships, Death, Sexual Abuse, Sexuality & Sensuality and Spirituality. For starters, go read:
- Instead Soft Cup – A Sexy Little Review – I got tired of sticking bleached cotton up my vagina, so I embraced a bit of my granola side and found a menstrual cup that allows me to have sex during one of my horniest times. (Psst…I do reviews of all sorts of things!)
- My Reasons for Lying to Child Protective Services – I was abused as a child. While I told the truth to my family, my church and my community, I did lie to child protective services. I have my reasons and take full responsibility.
- The Philosophy of Being the Most Productive – Rather than sharing apps to help you, I break down the philosophy of how to approach productivity.
- Things I’m Afraid to Tell You – Because I’m not perfect and I don’t curate a “public persona.” I am who I say I am and I show you all of me.
The North Pole
“The North Pole” is a pole dancing and fitness blog chronicling the journey of finding my true north, one pole at a time. Through sensual movement, aerial arts and erotic expression, I share my epiphanies through dance. Core topics include but are not limited to Pole Dance, Lap Dance, and Erotic Workshops. : For starters, go read:
- The ABC’s of Pole Dance – In this post I provide essentials of what every beginner or experienced pole dancer should know,
- Pole Dancing Energy Play – The concept of energy play within freestyle pole dance movement is revolutionary. Learn about my experience.
- The Joy of Sexy with Annemarie Davies, Pt 1 – Anytime this woman is teaching a special workshop in NY, I make it a point to attend. There’s also part 2 and part 3
- Sheila Kelley S Factor – A collection of six years worth of class reviews as each week we are given prompts and themes for creative and sensual exploration.
- We Never Let the Men In – The fourth wave of feminism according to me, is about balance. Let the fucking men in please!
“Cafe LaShay” is a food blog showcasing my recipes, philosophies of feasting and foodie reviews. For starters, go read:
- Little Neck – I love this nautical theme restaurant. It was perfect for a date night.
- Sweet Revenge – This is one of my favorite brunch spots to take friends. They pair cupcakes with beers and wine!
- House of Small Wonder – This is a perfect slice of Hipsterland heaven in Williamsburg, NY.
- The Park – There were birds flying around us as we ate.
Upgrade Upon Arrival
“Upgrade Upon Arrival” is a travel blog chronicling my love of business, luxury and adventure travel all around the world. First, go read my travel profile. I consider myself a Professional Bohemian. Core topics include but are not limited to: Group Travel, Wanderlust Musings and Travel Vlogs. For starters, go read:
- What is #JetLagSex – I hash tag all my sex. This is one of my favorites.
- 5 Remarkable NY Hotels for the Professional Bohemian Nomad – I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels. These 5 are among my favorites in New York City.
- Because Sometimes I Say Good Stuff – This is a fun travel vlog featuring my best friend, one of my sisters and a few close friends as I spend a few days in my hometown of Chicago while on vacation.
- Thoughts and Tips on Planning a Creative Retreat – I plan group trips, workshops, events and retreats. In addition to planning, I giveaway about 75% of my secrets to success.
Artistic Liberties is a creative blog chronicling my life as a creative artist, production stage manager and workshop leader as I wholeheartedly believe in the transformative power of art. Core topics include but are not limited to Theater & Performance, Stage Management, and Literature. For starters go read:
- Shiva’s Muse interview series – In this series, I introduce you to creative artist around the world who use their various forms and mediums to express exactly who they are and what they believe.
- Crafts + Cupcakes workshop series – Created in 2013, Crafts + Cupcakes is a DIY workshop series to encourage each guest to tap into their senses, imagination and creativity as they create new and unique items and ideas. We use crafts as a vehicle to further self-reflection, thoughtfulness, fun and community.
- Art Journal All Year – an incomplete series of a journal challenge I tried once.
“Granola Tendencies” is a sustainability green blog sharing the journey of how a city dweller (me) found a way to become one with the trees without actually hugging them. Core topics include but are not limited to: DIY & Homemade, Organic & Natural, and Sustainability. For starters, go read:
- DIY Sharpie Mugs – I share my insider tips that I learned after hosting a Crafts + Cupcakes DIY workshop.
- DIY Moisturizing Hair Mist Recipe – I have no idea why this video has over 48,000 views but that’s awesome. I need to update the recipe however.
- When Love Isn’t Green – Listen. Its hard being a granola when you’re significant other isn’t one. Sigh.
And there you have it. A quick snapshot of 12 years of blogging split between six different blogs. Please feel free to use my blogs as a FREE resource for life advice, business tips, healing techniques, recipes and more!