TagsArt Forms Birthdays | Celebration Books | Literature Collected Words Creative Artists dancer Dating | Relationships Death DIY | Homemade Empowerment | Encouragement Epiphanies | Enlightenment Events | Happenings every day life ex step father Family Friendship healing process Health | Wellness Homosexuality Introspection | Reflection James Franklin Pyles Love FULL | Gratitude Mr. Series natural hair nature Organic | Natural personal growth poetry Politics | Culture religious zealots Rituals | Traditions sexual abuse sexual assault awareness month Sexuality | Sensuality S Factor Shiva's Muse SLY Creates Spirituality Stage Manager sustainability Sustainable-Eating Theater | Performance Tinuola Olateju Wanderlust | Travel Word of the Month
Thursday, October 7th, 2010
About Cafe LaShay
Cafe LaShay is a blog where I document the various foods I cook and bake. (I should probably start doing restaurant review too!)Â I have begun transitioning into a more wholesome organic lifestyle and therefore most post are vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and/or raw recipes. Below you will find links to various post.Â Iâ€™ve been blogging for six years so the volume of post can be overwhelming. Start below to get an idea of my recipes, musings and epic fails in the kitchen.
SLY FOOD FACTS
1. I like spicy foods. (I usually get the highest number on the rating scale at restaurants and then I ask for additional chili paste, powder and hot sauce!)
2. I love vegetables but am not into fruit. (I usually make a smoothie most mornings to force myself to eat fruit)
3. While I’m into a vegetarian lifestyle, veggie bacon sucks and that disappoints me!
4. My favorite restaurant in New York is The Spice Market.
5. I love Asian cuisine. (Thai. Vietnamese. Korean. Whatever!)
6. I do not like and WILL NOT EAT olives, eggplant, mushrooms, coconut, lentils or french onion soup. (I think I need to write my own adult version of Green Eggs and Ham but with a different ending)
7. Fruit in salads freak me out. (Not just because I’m not a fan of fruit but its just weird to me.)
8. I majorly HEART popsicles and gelato.
9. Watch Food Inc. (You can watch instantly on Netflix!)
Organic Berry Crumble - video included
ECO-CONSCIOUS EATING? SAY WHAT!?
GREENWASHING IN THE PANTRY
BURNT TOAST – how I mess up
(Keep in mind, clicking the “HOME” button will ONLY show you post from Sociology of Sheena. Each tab at the top is a completely separate and independent blog! To read Cafe LaShay post, you must actually click the Cafe LaShay tab!)